Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Marathon Training: Day 1

Yesterday was my first training day for the marathon in February. I was super excited to get back out there and have a goal. Yesterday was a easy hard, and I mean hard three miles. I hadn't ran in 10 days and been eating and drinking terribly wonderfully yummy things.

It was a brutal 3 miles and I really felt like I wanted to die. My phone stopped working due to "heat" and so I just guessed on mileage. It stopped working at 2.88 miles, so I'm sure that I made it the full 3 miles. Even though I felt terrible I still finished. I can't wait till we start seeing 60 degree temperatures again!

Here is a picture before my run of day 1 - there is no after picture, as I looked half dead


I really want a Garmin gps watch for running and a shuffle for my music instead of wearing the arm band.

Words of Wisdom: Find something to be excited about when you run and re-energize your motivation. Register for a race, even a small one. It gives you something to work towards.

Quote of the Day: “Even when you have gone as far as you can, and everything hurts, and you are staring at the specter of self-doubt, you can find a bit more strength deep inside you, if you look closely enough.”
-Hal Higdon

Positive Side Effects: Increased focus on nutrition and training. Reminds you of all the bad things you put in your body (like the yummy chicken tenders and sweet potato fries I had for lunch, that I will feel while running this evening).

Total Mileage: 315.96

Marathon Countdown:  192 days 17 hours 35 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment