Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Dedicated to Running

When I started this blog I was running regularly and really wanted to share my stories and experiences with everyone and was excited that I had finally made time in my life to write a running blog in addition to our family blog. Over the last few months I have been dealing with some very stressful and emotionally taxing things. It seems as if no matter how much you try to listen to someone, help them, be there for them, and go above and beyond in doing for them, it will always come back around to bite you and somehow comes out be your fault. Over the last year my sweet husband and I have spent a lot of time and money on an event, and being there for people. However, when it comes down to it you can't change the way someone is. I'm thankful that I only have to answer for my actions and not the actions of others. I have learned that having a job, responsibilities, feelings, and the right to make my own choices somehow makes me a selfish person. But I guess if having a career, being successful, being true to my feelings, and making choices that are right for me are selfish, then I'm okay with that.

Things like this really make a person stop to evaluate why they even try to do nice things for others and really makes you want to give up on doing nice things for people all together. However, I have made the choice that I will continue to go out of my way to help others and be there for them whenever I am given the chance. I do several things in my day to day life to be nice, kind, and helpful to others, and the anger I was holding on too because of what I went through was not fair to me or anyone else.

So as much as I am dedicated to remaining true to what I know is right, I am going to find my dedication to my running and blogging once again. The overwhelming stress of everything is gone, and I can again focus my energies on running and eating right and not stuffing my face with cupcakes, cheesecake and wine.

Words of Wisdom: Stay true to who you are no matter how hard it is or what others think of you. At the end of the day the only person you have to answer for is yourself. Don't let stressful situations interfere with your motivation; in the end it will only make you feel worse.

Quote of the Day: "Reputation is for time; characters is for eternity." - J.B. Gough


Positive Side Effects:Well, I haven't had in any in awhile but looking forward to filling this section back in soon.

Total Mileage: 313.08 (only 7.03 more miles than my last blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment