Monday, August 27, 2012

Week 2: Marathon Training

I'm proud to report another successful week of marathon training. My 2nd week, I feel like was more successful than the first and I was less tired after each run. This week of training consisted of 3,3,3,7 for a total of 16 miles.

I had a pretty long stressful weekend with work, so my 7 mile run on Sunday was super easy. I got to run all my frustration and stress out. It was so nice. I even rewarded myself with a nice ice cold Coors Light afterwards :)

Normally, my long run is on Saturday, but I decided to run it on Sunday instead. I still got it in, which is the most important thing to start building distance. Only 19.2 more miles to go for a marathon...easy breezy, right? 


Words of Wisdom: Even if you miss your long run day on Saturday/Sunday, make it up on Saturday/Sunday. Getting that distance in is what is crucial for building up your distance and stamina. 

Quote of the Day:  "Pressure is nothing more than the shadow of great opportunity." - Michael Johnson

Positive Side Effects: Again...frustration and stress relief

Total Mileage: 341

Marathon Countdown:  180 days 14 hours 55 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment