Thursday, August 23, 2012

Week 2 of Marathon Training

Hey Running World,

I have almost made it through week 2 of marathon training! Saturday is another "long day" at 7 miles. I'm very excited to report that my diet and water intake has greatly improved with my increase in running. I'm back to consistently running 4 days a week, and this week will be my first Sunday to do cross-training. Not sure what I am going to do yet though.

Every run is always a surprise and different than the run before it - wait I just described how my husband describes baseball. I re-tract my former statement. Just kidding! Different strokes for different folks, right? Last Saturday when I ran I found a small treasure in the road - $1 peso. It's not much but it sure does look fancy. If I wasn't so lazy right now I would hook my phone up and put the picture on here.

Marathon training has been absolutely fantastic and has definitely re-energized and re-motivated me to get serious about running.


Words of Wisdom: JUST RUN!

Quote of the Day:  "We run, not because we think it is doing us good, but because we enjoy it and cannot help ourselves. The more restricted our society and work become, the more necessary it will be to find some outlet for this craving for freedom. No one can say, 'You must not run faster than this, or jump higher than that.' The human spirit is indomitable." - Sir Roger Bannister

Positive Side Effects: In a matter of two weeks all my prior worries and heavy heart are gone. My mind, body, and heart have been restored. A lot of this has to do with God and my husband, the rest has to do with running. Running focuses the mind.

Total Mileage: 333.99

Marathon Countdown:  184 days 10 hours 52 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment